What is Cowboy Church
Cowboy Churches, many times, provide interdenominational services for all that come. Silverado Cowboy Church is no exception; here, church is for all that come. Silverado Cowboy Church is where Jesus is the King of the cowboys and everyone is welcome. There are attendees from various walks of life- When we say that everyone is welcome we mean everyone!
Here at Cowboy Church we believe that no matter who is leading worship, who is singing, or who is playing that it is our responsibility to enter into worship of our Father. We try to have a country beat, sing things that everyone likes (some fast paced; some slower) but know that it is up to each of us to enter into worship of the one and only God! Come and join us you can dance before the Lord, clap, stand up, sit down or run the isles. It is your worship to the most Awesome Father!
Family works like this: the first time you come, you’re a visitor. The second time you come (if you have accepted Jesus as your Savior at any time in your life) you are part of the family. Our facilities are available for family to enjoy. Here at Cowboy Church it is also part of the vision to have a full rodeo arena to host Rodeo Bible Camps, Team Roping Clinics, Cutting Clinics, and Seminars on proper horse care. Rodeo Bible Camps include all rodeo events, bareback riding, saddle bronc riding, bulldogging, calf roping, team roping, barrel racing, steer tripping and bull riding. We buck bulls and horses during the spring, summer and fall, for grammar school age through College. Buck outs are held at no cost, just attend the short devotional before each ride.
We also have a Christian Bikers and Car Club which hosts various rides throughout the month.
Our Puppet Ministry ministers to children (and adults) in a fun, non-threatening manner. With a talented and dedicated group of puppeteers, puppet shows have become a regular and welcome addition to Sunday morning worship.
So saddle up and ride with us at Cowboy Church.
Pastors Dr. David and Kathleen Simmons
Tenets of Faith & Doctrine
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God & is the infallible rule of Faith & Conduct. (2 Timothy 3:15-17)
- One God Head; God The Father, God The Son & God The Holy Spirit as one entity. (1 John 5:8)
- Salvation of man comes only for accepting Jesus as Savior and being Spiritual Born again. (Acts 4:12; Romans 10:9-10; John 3:16)
- Water Baptism by submersion. (Matthew 28:19; Acts 2:38)
- The Promise of The Father & the Evidence of Prayer Language (Luke 24:49; Acts 1:4-8; 2:4)
- The Gifts of the Holy Spirit for today same as in the New Testament (1 Corinthians 12-14)
- Total Prosperity (John 10:10) Spiritual; Mental; Health; Financial.
- Our ministry is and should be as Jesus’ was. (Acts 10:38; John 14:12)
- ‘Train People to be leaders in life through Discipleship’ in the Word and teach them to rightly handle the Word of God.
- Train ministry teams to send out to western events and provide church at these events.
- Disciple those called to full time ministry.
- To have western events here in our own arena for the fellowship of those who call this their church and a place to bring people to enjoy the facility and show that we as Christians can have a good time. Rodeo Bible Camps, etc.
- To provide a place for youth to come and be able to enjoy their selves in a comfortable atmosphere and bring their friends where they will have the opportunity to come to know Jesus.